Financial Aid: Scholarships
In the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, we aim to connect incoming freshmen,
transfer and currently enrolled students with opportunities to enhance their education.
Our main focus is helping students get money for college expenses.
No matter where you are in the scholarship process, we have resources available to
walk you through each step of the way. Kennesaw State University is proud to provide
our students with ScholarshipUniverse, a one-stop-shop tool to search and apply for thousands of scholarships. With hundreds
of KSU scholarships and thousands of external scholarships available on this portal,
a potential universe of funding opportunities awaits.
Unlike other scholarship websites, ScholarshipUniverse provides a customized list
of the scholarships whose eligibility requirements you meet, saving you time and effort.
You can also be confident knowing that a third-party company has vetted all scholarships
listed and that your information will not be sold. Whether you’re a student, parent
or scholarship committee member, ScholarshipUniverse has you covered.
How to Apply for Scholarships Using ScholarshipUniverse
Once you have been accepted to KSU, you can begin using Scholarship Universe to search
and apply for scholarships.
- Current KSU students, log in to ScholarshipUniverse with your NetID and password.
- Select the Questions tab to the left and begin answering questions about yourself
and your academic plans.
- Click the Scholarships tab on the left side of the screen to view scholarships whose
eligibility requirements you meet.
- Filter your display by amount, application end date or scholarship type.
- View or Apply for any scholarships displayed in your Matched section.
- You can also search for a specific scholarship by name if you do not see it in your
Matched section. Once your desired scholarship is located, be sure you answer all
- Upload your resume and essay. Most scholarships do not require letters of recommendation;
however, if letters of recommendation are requested on your application, you will
see this clearly stated in ScholarshipUniverse. Through ScholarshipUniverse, you will
send an invitation to individuals requesting they write your two recommendation letters.
- Finalize and submit your application! Please note, you cannot edit your application
once it has been submitted.
"The Scholarship allowed me to do meaningful research under the talented faculty at
KSU. With the scholarship I was able to use the money to further invest in my education
by paying for registration costs for next semesters classes. Being awarded this scholarship
allowed me to dedicate my full time to research and further my skills as a scientist.
It also allowed me to have a sense of purpose and a goal as I worked on my project
to present it at the symposium."
- Abeer Osman, Biria Carbon Scholar Recipient
"This scholarship has been a true blessing for me and my family, I returned after
an almost 10 year hiatus and was not sure how I was going to afford college again,
but I knew I did not want the financial aspect of college to hold me back. The Mary
Miller Sachs Scholarship has given me a push forward with confidence without the financial
burden. I am happy to announce that I was accepted into the Wellstar School or Nursing
for the Spring 2021 semester."
- Bobbie Souphanh, Mary Miller Sachs Nursing Scholarship Recipient
"This scholarship has had a very profound impact on me and my family. We were ecstatic
when we initially learned that I had been awarded the Benjamin J. Thomason Memorial
Scholarship. This scholarship will allow me to more easily fund my college experience
as well as encourage me to push myself even harder than I ever have before."
- Weston Jordan, Benjamin J. Thomason Memorial Scholarship Recipient
"My mother and I both work a lot during the week. Taking a full-time school schedule
and working multiple jobs is very stressful, but much stress is also removed when
I am able to pay for my schooling because of a wonderful scholarship. I am forever
grateful for it."
- Louis Deavers, Lockheed-Martin Leadership Scholarship Recipient
"This scholarship has allowed to to focus all my time and effort into succeeding in
my courses. My family and I no longer have to worry about large payment deadlines.
I am now able to focus on my classes, creating a network and gaining valuable business
- Amber Griffin, J.P. & Ruby Kemp Memorial Scholarship Recipient
This scholarship has helped my family so much. After receiving the KSU African American
Scholarship and the Hope scholarship due to my academic achievements, I am able to
attend college debt-free! I am thankful for this scholarship as it has relieved my
parents of some financial stress during these rough times."
- Kial Cohen, KSU African American Scholarship Recipient