Financial Aid: Scholarships
In the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, we aim to connect incoming freshmen, transfer and currently enrolled students with opportunities to enhance their education. Our main focus is helping students get money for college expenses.
No matter where you are in the scholarship process, we have resources available to walk you through each step of the way. Kennesaw State University is proud to provide our students with ScholarshipUniverse, a one-stop-shop tool to search and apply for thousands of scholarships. With hundreds of KSU scholarships and thousands of external scholarships available on this portal, a potential universe of funding opportunities awaits.
Unlike other scholarship websites, ScholarshipUniverse provides a customized list of the scholarships whose eligibility requirements you meet, saving you time and effort. You can also be confident knowing that a third-party company has vetted all scholarships listed and that your information will not be sold. Whether you’re a student, parent or scholarship committee member, ScholarshipUniverse has you covered.
How to Apply for Scholarships Using ScholarshipUniverse
Once you have been accepted to KSU, you can begin using Scholarship Universe to search and apply for scholarships.
- Current KSU students, log in to ScholarshipUniverse with your NetID and password.
- Select the Questions tab to the left and begin answering questions about yourself and your academic plans.
- Click the Scholarships tab on the left side of the screen to view scholarships whose eligibility requirements you meet.
- Filter your display by amount, application end date or scholarship type.
- View or Apply for any scholarships displayed in your Matched section.
- You can also search for a specific scholarship by name if you do not see it in your Matched section. Once your desired scholarship is located, be sure you answer all related questions.
- Upload your resume and essay. Most scholarships do not require letters of recommendation; however, if letters of recommendation are requested on your application, you will see this clearly stated in ScholarshipUniverse. Through ScholarshipUniverse, you will send an invitation to individuals requesting they write your two recommendation letters.
- Review and submit your application. Please note, you are able to answer additional questions to match to additional scholarships after submitting your initial application. The more questions you answer, the more scholarship matches you may receive.