Financial Aid: Parent PLUS Loans
Kennesaw State University participates in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct Loan). The Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) is a loan that parents can apply for to help pay the cost of education for their dependent undergraduate children. Eligible parents borrow directly from the U. S. Department of Education and can borrow up to their child's cost of attendance minus other financial aid received.
How do I apply for a Parent PLUS direct loan?
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/ and click the Apply for Aid heading at the top of the page.
- Click on Apply for Parent PLUS Loan.
- Click the “Login” button (top right) and login using the parent’s FSA ID# and Password.
- Follow the steps to complete the application and credit check. Note: Be sure to use the parent’s name as the borrower, not the student.
- Select “Kennesaw State University” as the “School Name”.
- Review your eligibility results (provided immediately).
For more information please visit the Federal Student Aid Website.