Financial Aid: Off-Campus FWS Partnerships
Off Campus Federal Work Study Program
Off-campus Federal Work-Study (FWS) positions are geared to provide students with academically relevant positions to the maximum extent possible. The FWS jobs complement and reinforce each student's educational program or career goals.
Community Service Federal Work-Study (FWS) gives students the opportunity to be placed in an off-campus non-profit agency. Placement in a non-profit agency gives the student hands-on experience working in an environment that enhances his or her career. Non-profit agencies benefit by having an employee who is very interested in learning more about working in the non-profit community service field. The organization must provide a copy of the 501(c)(3) IRS Certification showing the work being performed is in the public interest.
The hiring agency will only be responsible for 25% of the total $9.00 per hour pay, and FWS funds will pay the remaining 75% of the student's earnings organizations are billed monthly for payments. Federal Work Study students are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours a week during the Kennesaw State University school semesters. The FWS Off-Campus Terms of Agreement document defines additional responsibilities and required agreements.
For-Profit FWS gives students the opportunity to be placed in an off-campus organization that provides hands on experience related to a student’s career goals and program of study.
The hiring agency will only be responsible for 50% of the total $9.00 per hour pay, and FWS funds will pay the remaining 50% of the student's earnings. Organizations are billed monthly for payments. Federal Work Study students are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours a week during the Kennesaw State University school semesters. The FWS Off-Campus Terms of Agreement document defines additional responsibilities and required agreements.
To apply for a Federal Work Study Student Assistant (FWS) to work in your organization, you will need to complete the Off Campus Student Employment Request. Special attention is needed when defining any duties or any special project that will be relevant to a student's career goals. You may apply for more than one student. Once the application is received and approved, an agreement contract will be sent to your agency. If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636).
- Off Campus Organization completes the Off Campus Student Employment Request.
- Eligible organizations will be sent an introduction letter and a contract to complete via e-mail.
- Contract is sent back to the FWS Program Coordinator to sign.
- Contract is forwarded to KSU's Legal Affairs Department for approval.
- Legal Affairs will forward the contract for a final signature from the KSU Vice President of Operations.
- Once signed by all parties, the organization will work with the FWS Program Coordinator to hire FWS eligible student(s).
Please complete this form in order to request student employees. You will receive a confirmation after successful completion of the form. Once the application is received and, if approved, an agreement contract will be sent to you. If you have any questions, please contact: the Office of Student Financial Aid 470-KSU-INFO (470-578-4636) email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions:
- I understand that this form is not an automatic approval, but a request for a FWS student.
- I understand the Summer FWS positions are granted based on availability of funding and the student’s eligibility.
- I understand that there is no guarantee for positions to be re-filled if a student resigns or graduates.
- I understand students are approved to work a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- I understand that if a student exceeds their allocated FWS award, the organization is required to pay the overage.