Federal Work Study Application
To apply for the Federal Work Study Program (FWS) please complete the following steps:
- Complete this application.
- Complete your FAFSA application (http://www.fafsa.gov/) and if qualified you will receive your financial Award on your Owl Express.
- If you have not activated your student email account, you should do so at (http://netid.kennesaw.edu) prior to submitting the on line application.
- The FWS Coordinator will notify you via your KSU student email address when your application has been reviewed to determine if you are eligible or denied. You may check your student email on line at https://students.kennesaw.edu/email/.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: All applications submitted will not be processed for FWS job placements until you are registered for classes for the semester.
If I am hired as a Work-Study Student Assistant, I understand that:
- I cannot earn more than my award amount.
- I will not be scheduled to work more than 20 hours a week.
- I will not be allowed to work during my classes.
- I must notify my supervisor if I am unable to work at my scheduled time.
- I cannot work on class assignments or projects during scheduled work hours unless approved by my supervisor.
- I must maintain a 2.0 AGPA and half time enrollment requirements for eligibility.
- I may be dismissed for refusing to work, not showing up during my scheduled time, punctuality problems, performance problems, or creating a disturbance within the office.