How To Apply
Applying for financial aid can be overwhelming. There is one main application that is used in the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- The FAFSA applies for state and federal aid programs.
- Be sure to list KSU’s school code on your FAFSA, 001577.
- KSU's Priority Deadline for FAFSA completion is March 1.
- You must file a FAFSA each year to be considered for financial aid. View a FAFSA Overview.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information to your FAFSA. If you didn't use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool initially, you can go back and make the corrections.
Verification is a process mandated by the U.S. Department of Education to confirm the accuracy of the information provided on the FAFSA. Students who are selected for verification will be required to provide certain documents to the Office of Student Financial Aid before their financial aid application can be processed. Examples of some documents that may be requested include:
- Income Tax Transcript ordered from the Internal Revenue Service
- Household Size Verification Form (See Forms Page)
Other documents may be requested as needed in order to process your financial aid application. To determine if you need to submit additional documents to the Office of Student Financial Aid, please log in to Owl Express, Click on Financial Aid and then Click on Eligibility Requirements and select the correct award year.
- If you only want to apply for the HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship Program, you can complete the GSFAPPS application.
- KSU's Priority Deadline for GSFAPPS completion is March 1.
Once your application has been received, the Office of Student Financial Aid may ask you for additional documents.
Check your KSU e-mail account often, and make sure you submit any additional documents as quickly as possible.