How To Apply
Applying for financial aid can be overwhelming. There is one main application that is used in the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- The FAFSA applies for state and federal aid programs.
- Be sure to list KSU’s school code on your FAFSA, 001577.
- KSU's Priority Deadline for FAFSA completion is April 1.
- You must file a FAFSA each year to be considered for financial aid. View a FAFSA Overview.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax information to your FAFSA. If you didn't use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool initially, you can go back and make the corrections.
- If you only want to apply for the HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship Program, you can complete the GSFAPPS application.
- KSU's Priority Deadline for GSFAPPS completion is April 1.
Once your application has been received, the Office of Student Financial Aid may ask you for additional documents.
Check your KSU e-mail account often, and make sure you submit any additional documents as quickly as possible.